Have your premise sound tested by our team. Sound Testing is a service describing acceptable level of sound between two spaces, that are separated by a dividing element and outlining the impact sound insulation. Test should be carried out in the early stage of your project, to make sure that you are able to achieve the highest performance possible.
Sound Testing is a service measuring how much noise travels through a property's walls, floors, and ceilings to neighbours or adjoining buildings. We recommend that testing should be carried out in the early stage of your project. More specific information can be found on the Technical Guidance Document Part E.
No noisy operations around the property (during testing).
Ceilings, walls and floors completed (no cosmetic floorings).
All doors (external & internal) must be installed.
All windows should be fitted and closable.
Any Ventilation Systems installed should be closed.
50Hz (240v) power within the dwellings is required.
WHAT IS SOUND TESTING
Impact Testing is carried out on the floors (only if applicable to the property). A tapping machine is placed on the floor of the upper of the test rooms and is used as the sound source to measure the noise received in the room below. (Simulating footfall).
If there is under 10 dwellings in the tested construction, our standard set of test sounds is composed of:
– 2 impact Tests (Floor Tests),
– 4 Airborne Tests (2x Floor & 2x Wall Tests).
Amount of tests can be increased or decreased depending on the quantity and type of the dwellings.
Considerations on site:
1. No noisy operations around the property (machinery during testing).
2. Ceilings, walls, and floors completed (no cosmetic floorings).
3. All windows are fitted and closable.
4. All doors (internal & external) must be installed.
5. Any Ventilation Systems should be closed.
6. Power within the dwellings is required (50Hz/240v).